This article is about working in customer care in Canada and jobs that come with visa sponsorship attached for foreigners interested in working in Canada.
What is the average salary for a customer care representative in Canada?
In 2023, the annual compensation for intermediate customer service workers will be $59,500.
The average yearly income for entry-level employment is $43,500. Senior roles in customer experience pay an average of $85,000 a year.
Are customer care workers in high demand in Canada in 2023?
Customer service agents remain at the top of the list of the best occupations in customer service for 2023, as they did in 2022.
Employers are employing technical support professionals and order management specialists, which are two major additions.
Where can I work as a customer care representative in Canada?
Some vacancies are shown below:
Customer Service Representative- City of Richmond Hill
Location: Richmond Hill, ON
Salary: $53,264–$62,641 annually
Job type: Full-time
The customer service representative is in charge of providing secretarial and reception services for the Community Centre, such as offering public information and handling program registrations, reservations, and admissions.
Roles and Duties
- Welcome clients and address any inquiries about community services while providing excellent customer service.
- Answer phone and counter questions, provide accurate and timely information to the general public, program participants, and personnel, and type mail.
- Open, sort, and distribute mail and post office boxes at the facility.
- Maintain and reinforce all policies and procedures as described, and keep personnel informed of new policies and procedures.
- Assist in the training of part-time receptionists and pool managers on office opening and closing procedures.
- Resolve and follow up on any errors that occur as well as customer conflicts.
- Inputting program registrations.
Education and Experience
- A high school diploma is required, along with further coursework in secretarial studies or office administration.
- First Aid and CPR certificates are desirable.
- A year of comparable work experience in an office setting is required.
Abilities and Skills
- Secretarial and typing abilities are required, as is a solid working knowledge of Microsoft Word, MS Excel, and ActiveNet.
- Multitasking ability in a fast-paced atmosphere.
- Team player with excellent organizational and communication abilities, as well as the capacity to prioritize work.
- It is crucial to be able to deliver good customer service while remaining patient and professional.
- Experienced at resolving difficulties and issues on one’s own with little supervision.
- Ability to make solid decisions and uses sound judgment.
Customer Service Agent – City of Ottawa
Location: Ottawa, ON
Salary: $60,455–$70,743 a year
Job type: Full-time, Temporary, Permanent
Work Hours: 35.00 /hours per week
- As part of a team of agents, the service agent is responsible for providing information and customer support for a wide range of municipal and provincial services, programs, regulations, processes, permits, and price structures.
- Providing service continuity by responding to inquiries and urgent requests from the public, elected officials, internal staff, and other government agencies across multiple platforms.
Experience and Education
- Grade 12 has completed.
- Postsecondary education and/or training in Customer Service is advantageous.
- A minimum of three years of relevant experience in a customer service setting is required.
- Understanding of customer service delivery processes, techniques, and complaint resolution solutions.
- Computer competence in Microsoft Office Suite, internet/intranet, and job-specific tools is required.
- Understanding provincial legislation and regulations, as well as business policies and processes, is required, as is the ability to implement and interpret these rules.
- Understanding of applicable health and safety regulations, including worker rights and responsibilities.
- Understanding the organizational structure, services, and staff of the City of Ottawa is advantageous.
Skills and Abilities
- Good interpersonal and communication abilities, as well as strong customer service skills, are required, particularly during peak periods, difficult situations, or emergencies.
- Interact efficiently and diplomatically via phone and in person with municipal personnel, elected officials, and members of the general public.
- Excellent writing abilities and the ability to respond to written questions in a professional, clear, and succinct manner.
- Work should be organized, multi-tasking, and prioritized..
- Ability to work both solo and in groups.
Customer Service Representative – BC Public Service
Location: Smithers, BC
Location: $49,464–$55,839 a year
Salary: $49,464–$55,839 a year
Job type: Full-time
Full Job Description
As a Customer Service Representative with Service BC in Smithers, you will be the first point of contact for a variety of clerical and administrative services.
- Respond to public inquiries by providing over-the-counter, phone, and mail services.
- You must also be able to use a variety of computer applications to provide public service.
- Create and sustain strong working connections that allow you to complete tasks, deliver quality services, and exchange information.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is necessary (GED).
- Expertise in delivering customer/client service.
- Expertise in working with emotionally charged individuals or groups, as well as dispute resolution.
- Experience in clerical/administrative work, schooling, and/or appropriate training.
- Knowledge of word processing and other computer software such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
Customer Service Representative – Nachurs Alpine Wilbur-Ellis Company
Location: Belle Plaine, SK
Salary: $21.01–$25.19 an hour
Job type: Full-time
Wilbur-Ellis has been successful and growing in the marketing and distribution of agricultural products and services for over a century.
The Customer Service Representative offers administrative clerical assistance and works as part of a team to guarantee exceptional service and overall customer satisfaction.
- Communicate with customers to give product and service information, collect orders, terminate accounts, or get complaint data.
- Handle customer service or billing complaints/inquiries following corporate policy, or refer to Customer Service Manager for review/approval by management;
- Unresolved client complaints are forwarded to authorized departments for further investigation; all accounts receivable and invoices are under your control.
- Help with inventory and dispatch.
- Help field sales employees with product recommendations and use records development and documentation.
Skills and Abilities:
- Computer proficiency to the intermediate level using Microsoft Windows, Windows software, and process training will be offered.
- Understanding mathematical principles and the ability to apply fractions, percentages, and ratios to actual applications with accuracy are required.
- Ability to sit for extended amounts of time at a desk and/or computer terminal to accomplish writing and/or keying/typing information.
- Ability to safely maneuver across uneven ground both indoors and outdoors.
- Fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English.
Qualifications and previous experience
- A two-year associate’s degree is necessary, and two years of experience is preferable.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft PC office applications such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Practical organizational abilities, as well as the capacity to multi-task and prioritize different assignments, are required.
Customer Service Managing Supervisor – Feida Express Ltd
Location: Calgary, AB
Salary: $37 an hour
Job type: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Work Language: English
Hours: 30 hours per week
- Supervise employees and delegate responsibilities.
- Market research and trends should be studied to evaluate customer demand, possible sales volumes, and the impact of rivals’ operations on sales.
- Create and execute a marketing strategy.
- Determine your staffing needs.
- Problems that develop, such as consumer complaints and supply shortages, must be resolved.
- Recruit, hire, and manage employees and/or volunteers.
- Secondary school graduation certificate
- 2 years to less than 3 years
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Personal suitability
- Positive attitude
- Quick learner
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Interpersonal awareness
Customer Solutions Agent – Coca-Cola Canada Bottling Limited
Location: Brampton, ON
Salary: $22 per hour
Job type: Full-time
Shift: Available to work various shifts Monday to Friday between 7 AM to 8 PM (No weekends)
Vacation: 3 weeks vacation
Full Job Description
- Effectively sell Coca-Cola goods to existing consumers across different customer contact channels by upselling and cross-selling established items and introducing new brands and packaging, resulting in greater volume and profitability.
- Both inbound and outbound support requests must be resolved per defined rules.
- Identify and serve as a corporate ambassador by providing best-in-class sales programs to increase customer value and expand the customer’s beverage business.
- Provide expert account management for specific Coca-Cola consumers.
- Use good communication skills to guarantee that client expectations are met with all internal/external stakeholders.
- A high school diploma or its equivalent is necessary.
- 2 years of customer service and 1 year of sales experience.
- Ability to speak persuasively, effectively, and professionally.
- Ability to communicate in both written and verbal form.
- Excellent customer service skills must be demonstrated.
- Ability to operate well both individually and in a collaborative context.
- The ability to problem solve and create feasible solutions based on customer demands and corporate objectives are required.
- Working knowledge of many computer software